Holiday season is right around the corner, that’s why it’s important to help kids minimize the damage of sweets.
Many of us look forward to the holiday season and celebrating the end of the year with delicious food and drinks. Kids in particular enjoy loading up on desserts, chocolates and peppermints, all of which can cause damage to their beautiful teeth. Your best pediatric dentist has rounded up our 5 top tips on how to keep your children’s teeth healthy this holiday season.
- Offer unsalted peanuts, almonds and walnuts instead of potato chips. Nuts are not only a good source of protein, but are beneficial to bone and teeth development as well.
- Looking for great stocking stuffers? Why not include a character branded toothbrush, stickers, small toys and sugar-free candies to add a healthier variety.
- Avoid fruit juice as it contains a high amount of sugar, (up to 39 grams!), and acids which are harmful to teeth. Instead offer drinks such as water to keep them hydrated or milk to strengthen their teeth!
- Cheese boards. Eating small amounts of cheese at the end of the meal can help return the mouth to its natural acid balance and reduce tooth decay.
- Make brushing fun! Dentists recommend brushing for a full two minutes twice a day. So why not put on a short holiday song to brush to?
Eating and drinking in moderation is the key to enjoying the holidays. The best pediatric dental office reminds you to help children maintain their dental care hygiene during the busy holiday season.
Your Best Pediatric Dentist Is Here for You
While your children may follow a healthy dental care routine, they still require regular dental check ups. We welcome you to discover what makes us the best pediatric dentist:
- Our child friendly dental office equipped with iPads and a playroom
- Our focus on educating children about proper dental hygiene
- Our ability to establish a good relationship with every child that makes them look forward to their next appointment
- Monthly contests and prizes
- We treat every child as we would our own
Dr. Raj Patel and his dedicated team of pediatric dental care professionals want to make sure every child has a healthy smile. At Sea of Smiles, the best kid’s dentist, we provide preventative care, restorative dentistry, nitrous oxide, conscious sedation, and crowns. Have a dental emergency? Don’t fret, just call our office 24/7 there’s always a pediatric dentist on call! For more information about your best pediatric dentist or to schedule an appointment please call 267-392-5878.