Everyone knows that brushing and flossing twice a day are essential to maintaining good oral hygiene, but what about your toothbrush? Keeping your child’s toothbrush free from bacteria is vital to having a healthy mouth, that’s why children dental service Levittown loves wants to share our top toothbrush care tips.
- Don’t let your kids share toothbrushes. While this may seem obvious, it’s important to note that sharing a toothbrush exposes each child to the other child’s bacteria and microorganisms which may increase their chances of infection. In addition, kids should not store their toothbrushes in the same container as another person’s.
- Use an open container to store their toothbrush. When a wet toothbrush is placed inside of a sealed container, it creates a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Soak your child’s toothbrush in an antibacterial mouthwash after each use. There is some evidence that shows antibacterial mouthwash may reduce the amount of bacteria in a toothbrush.
- Change your child’s toothbrush once every three months and after they’ve been sick. Your children’s dentist near Levittown reminds you that toothbrushes that are frayed become less effective at cleaning.
Discover The Children Dental Service Levittown Trusts
At Sea of Smiles, a children’s dental service Levittown trusts, our mission is to educate children and families alike on how to acquire and maintain proper oral health care. We provide preventative, comprehensive and emergency dental care to children of all ages. We are kid-tested and approved because of what sets us apart:
- A fun and relaxed atmosphere
- A waiting room with video entertainment and a playroom
- We treat every child as we do our own
- Monthly prizes and contests