Calm a Child’s Nerves With Pediatric Conscious Sedation Dentist Near Yardley
Going to the dentist can be stressful, but if dental appointments cause your child undue stress and anxiety it may be time to consider pediatric conscious sedation Dentist near Yardley. Conscious sedation is given to your child in a liquid sedative agent which produces drowsiness and loss of apprehension and allows the child to stay calm which makes the dental visit easier and more effective. .
Before pediatric conscious sedation dentist near Yardley, we recommend the taking the following steps:
- Inform the dentist of all medications your child is taking and any allergies.
- Make sure your child doesn’t eat or drink anything after midnight the day before their appointment.
- The parent or guardian must stay in the office for the duration of the visit.
After the pediatric dentist conscious sedation near Yardley appointment you will need to monitor your child carefully make sure to take the following precautions for an easy recovery:
- Give your child something to drink, and if they are hungry, something to eat, but avoid any hot drinks and foods because their mouth may still be numb for an hour or two after their appointment.
- If your child wants to sleep, place them on their side with their chin up.
- Your child can not return to school after their appointment.
Benefits Of Choosing Pediatric Conscious Sedation Dentist Near Yardley
Conscious sedation is an option for apprehensive, very young or special needs children. Dr. Raj Patel, a pediatric conscious sedation dentist near Yardley, will closely monitor your child’s vital signs during treatment. At Sea of Smiles, we aim to give you peace of mind that your child will receive high quality gentle dental care. For more information about pediatric conscious sedation dentists near Yardley or to schedule an appointment, please contact us today 267-392-5878.