Find the right pediatric dental office for you and your child!
It’s no secret that kids are not exactly excited to go to the dentist. This is often because children are taken to a general dentist, rather than a pediatric dentist.
There are many benefits of going to a pediatric dentist Bensalem, PA residents trust for your child’s dental health. Most importantly is because a pediatric dentist has been specifically trained to handle the intricacies of a child’s developing teeth. In the same way that pediatric doctors know how to handle children’s developing bodies, so too are pediatric dentists better at understanding how to care for your child’s teeth.
Additionally, pediatric dentists have been trained to relate to children and expertly handle any fears or anxieties that may arise. Pediatric dentists typically have the training to work with children with special needs, as well. This helps make trips to the dentist easier (both for you and for your child).
What To Look For In Pediatric Dentist Office
There are many things pediatric dental offices do to make your child comfortable — and even excited — to go to the dentist. A few key differences that you will find in your child’s dentist office are:
- Child-size instruments. Pediatric dentists minimize common dental fears for children by utilizing instruments that appear less intimidating.
- Child-appropriate discussion. A pediatric dentist knows how to talk to children and translate the discussion to a child-appropriate level so they can develop good oral hygiene habits.
- Child-friendly environment. By making their office into a child-friendly environment, a pediatric dentist helps keep your child comfortable and happy during their trip.
All three of these work together to provide the best environment for children so they feel at ease when they go to the dentist. Most importantly, our dentists specialize in pediatric dentistry because they are passionate about children’s dental health.
If you are looking for a pediatric dentist Bensalem, PA parents trust, make sure that all three of these child friendly boxes are ticked. Next, consider these questions about potential pediatric dental offices.
Five Questions To Ask Before Choosing a Pediatric Dentist in Bensalem, PA
- Is the office located near your home or work to make appointments as convenient as possible?
- Do they offer extended office hours before or after work and school?
- What types of insurance does the office work with and what kind of financing do they offer?
- Do the dentist and staff seem interested in making your child’s experience personalized, or do you feel like “just a number?”
- How does the dental office manage emergencies? (Many practices have an answering service available during off hours.)
These questions will help you determine which pediatric dental office is right for you and your child. The best pediatric dentist in Bensalem, PA will not only provide excellent pediatric care but will also cultivate an office environment that makes trips to the dentist as easy as possible for you.
Our Bensalem (215-433-1840) office offers excellent pediatric dental care in a child-friendly environment. If you’d like more information about the role of a pediatric dentist or are in need of a pediatric dentist in Bensalem or the surrounding areas please contact our offices today to schedule an appointment.