Preventative Care Is Key For Good Oral Health
Did you know children can develop cavities as young as age two? Did you also know that dental-related illnesses caused 51 million school hours lost in 2016? As alarming as this sounds, children still do not see the dentist as often as recommended.
As parents, we tend to get caught up in our daily routines and stress, and oral health tends to go by the wayside. We also don’t associate cavities or tooth decay with children as young as toddlers. Providing preventative care for oral health should start as early as infancy. It can also start in the home with daily brushing and flossing.
Being parents requires that we instill good oral hygiene habits with our children. Preventative dental care should be one of the good habits we encourage at an early age. In fact, some adults are still afraid to visit the dentist perhaps passing on that same fear to their children.
However, avoiding the dentist can lead your child down the path to future dental issues such as c
avities and tooth decay. Making preventative care important in your household can delay dental health issues for the future. When children aren’t taught the importance of oral hygiene these are some of the dental issues that can occur.
- Cavities & Tooth Decay- These are two of the most common issues. Whether it is from baby bottles, consuming sugary drinks, or infrequent brushing and flossing your child is susceptible to cavities and tooth decay.
- Injuries- The weaker the teeth and gums are, the more vulnerable they can become if impacted during physical activity.
- Gum Disease- If plaque continues to build, the gums can develop diseases such as periodontal disease.
Riding The Waves- Find The Best Preventative Care With Sea of Smiles Pediatric Dentistry
At Sea Of Smiles Pediatric Dentistry, we understand the anxiety and stigma associated with visiting the dentist. Not only do we take the fear out of visiting the dentist, Dr. Raj, Dr. Mukund, and their dental team are some of the friendliest people in the neighborhood. You can even schedule a tour of our kid friendly office. We offer preventative care, emergency oral care, and comprehensive care.
As part of our preventative care philosophy, we believe in:
- Taking time to explain treatment options.
- Removing the stress and anxiety from the visit.
- Discussing various types of preventative care
Come make a splash with us, and schedule your appointment to tour our office today. We offer two locations for your convenience:
Yardley: (267) 392-5878
Bensalem: (215) 433-1840